Default Dashboard using "PortalPath" system session Variable


I am going to explain how to make a dashboard default using portal path,you can find this on several blogs but for my reference doing this

Step1 : In below figure i have "8" dashboards out of those when a user logs in he has to see "USER" dashboard instead of My Dashboard (Default)


Step2: Create a system-session variable


Step3 : Give the following code in your default initialize box


Where "User" is my Dashboard name

Step4: Creation of Initialization block and assign PoratlPath system session variable to this newly created block




Step5:Next,Login to dashboard with Administrator user and you need to change the
"My Account" settings -->Preference-->Default Dashboard-->Default



Logout and login with Administrator you will get USER as default dashboard,if you already have "Default" no need to go for step5