Issue with Filters while Navigation

Sorry for not posting for a long time. I was stuck and was little busy with things. But have just taken out some time to write and share with the things i encountered.
Today, I came acros a wierd scenerio wherein the filters didnt worked properly when we navigate from one report to another on Dashboard.
I had a chart report on the Dashboard and it was having a navigation to another Pie report. Now when I tried to navigate to another report, what i found was the other report was not getting filtered properly. I tried running that report from the saved location but from there it ran properly with all the filters in place. I also checked in the destination report for IS PROMPTED filter. The filter was in place too. 
Then after analyzing the things i came to know that sometimes this happens in OBIEE and to tackle this we should Protect the filter. We need to make the filters Protected in the destination report to which the navigation will lead to. The filters other than IS PROMPTED should be Protected.
We can protect a filter by just clicking on the filter options and check the Protect Filter option as shown below.
One thing to note here. We can’t protect the filter group containing individual filters. We need to individually protect the filters in the filter group and then save it again.
I hope this can be helpful to you.