A Typical BI Client and Vendor ! Awesome conversation

Typical BI project conversation:
Client: Here are my five reports that I run on discoverer. We just bought OBIEE and we would like to port it to OBIEE and by the way, it would be great if you can finish it by end of this week.
me: Sure. We can do that, but what about the other 395 reports that you have?
Client: We will get to them when we have budget next year.
This is a perfect recipe for disaster. In trying to save time and money, many IT managers skip requirement gathering altogether and mistakenly equate existing “reports” to BI. OBIEE is just another reporting tool. Yes, it is, but it is so much more or can be so much more. OBIEE implementation is an opportunity to become an intelligent enterprise. Migrating reports as-is without thinking about the end goal will just propagate the mistakes of the past.
This also reminds me of a piece from Alice in wonderland
Alice: ‘Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?’
‘That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,’ said the Cat.
‘I don’t much care where—-’ said Alice.
‘Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,’ said the Cat.
Credit to the Originator .